... and I like Panic....

Panic - Lauren Oliver
***I received this ARC in exchange of my honest review. Thank you!***

Panic is the new contemporary novel by Lauren Oliver.
I read Panic some months ago, exactly when I was approved to the e-ARC. By those days I was really thrilled to be approved to read this book, which I’ve been dying to read since I first heard about it.
And now I’m happy to say that it didn’t disappoint.

Panic is an action packed roller coaster. It’s narrated in dual POV from Heather and Dodge. They have different reasons to play the game, and it made the plot more interesting.
For starters, the first line of this book is really intriguing; it drew me in as soon as I understood what was happening.
Panic is not like the other Lauren Oliver books I read, except for the incredible writing and the well developed characters.
The first thing I realized while reading Panic is that the two narrators weren’t the “couple” of the book. Lauren Oliver created a different kind love story from what I was expecting. It wasn’t totally unexpected, either, but it was different and it made me like the book even more.
The romance wasn’t the main topic of the book, but when it came, I adored it.

The plot was entertaining and realistic, I can easily picture teenagers doing those kinds of stupid things because they’re too bored or they need the money.
It put me on the edge of my seat.
The fog of mystery in Panic, the challenges, the creators, and the game itself was well created. I was yearning to know more, to discover all the secrets.
Even though the ending wasn’t absolutely unexpected (I saw it coming), I liked the way the things ended. It fitted perfectly with all pieces of information that the author gave us throughout the book.

Panic is a wonderful standalone. It blew me away. It’s a fast paced read with amazing characters, a wonderful writing and a plot that will surprise you and leave you breathless.

“It was so strange, the way that life moved forward: the twists and the dead ends, the sudden opportunities. She supposed if you could predict or foresee everything that was going to happen, you’d lose the motivation to go through it all. The promise was always in the possibility.”
Source: http://thereaderlines.blogspot.com/2014/03/arc-review-panic-by-lauren-oliver.html